Since 1893, SIM's motto has been "By Prayer." By prayer, SIM and its many ministries have seen God do amazing and marvelous things—thousands of new churches planted, millions coming to faith in Jesus Christ and growing as His disciples, and communities all over the world transformed by God's grace.
People often think of prayer as something we do before we begin ministry. However, we believe that prayer is a ministry by itself. Our vision and hearts' desire is to ultimately see many thousands of churches in Africa, Asia, and South America using the platform of sports to touch millions of lives with the love of Jesus Christ.
Download the App, then select Sports Friends in ‘My Tracks’ to receive a prayer request each day Monday - Friday.
• Praise God for Zinabu’s new wife Zenash! She will serve alongside Zinabu, who serves as our Program’s Director at Camp Langano.
• Praise God for a great staff team at Camp Langano to work with day in and day out!
• Dec 7-10: Pray for a successful Disabled Youth Camp. We are excited that Hope Church from Virginia will be joining us for this!
• Pray for our weekly sports programs and that they would impact the community in a positive way.
• Pray for our compound as a whole as we have been facing a lot of issues from the community over the past few months.
• Praise God for a new group of coaches that have a great passion for the new pilot project we are trying in Ethiopia. We have already seen a good start to their ministries, and we Praise God for His help.
• Praise God for all of the unreached people that we are seeing come to faith in Jesus through Sport Friends. We thank God for the new believers and His love, mercy, and protection.
• Praise God that He has helped us to fulfill almost all of our plans we planned during this fiscal year.
• Pray for our team as we experience some conflict in the community at Langano. Pray for peace and that the Lord would protect the camp and community.
• Dec: Pray for some Basic Trainings that we have planned in December. Pray that God would help us train clearly and effectively so that the coaches will learn and implement what they learn by starting teams in their communities.
• Pray for God to provide the sports equipment and materials needed to run this ministry efficiently.
• Nov 30- Dec 1: Pray for a Vision Sharing and Leadership Training with the Evangelical Church Fellowship of Ethiopia. Please pray that this training would be successful.
• Praise God for the many people who pray and financially support the Sports Friends ministry. Pray that God would raise up additional partners to support our continuing growth.
• Praise God for recent discussions with SIM Bolivia - exploring possibilities for serving the church in Bolivia with Church-Centered Sports Ministry. Pray for God to lead and guide continuing discussions.
• Praise God for a great working relationship with SIM-UK and new missionary recruit Ben, new intern Matt heading to Peru in February 2018, and for plans developing for a Short-Term Team to Malawi in summer 2018.
• Praise God for a volunteer who has been helping in the International Support Service office.
• Dec 1-5: Pray for Brian and Jill as they travel to the Middle East to meet with SIM colleagues and potential partners in the region. Pray for God’s wisdom as they seek to listen and learn about how God is at work in the Middle East and the potential opportunities for SF to engage.
• Jan 28-Feb 4: Pray for the group of SF leaders gathered in Charlotte at this time for strategic review and planning meetings. Pray that they will be encouraged and refreshed as they meet. Pray that the time would be guided by the Lord as they discuss and make plans for SF global ministry.
• Pray for our communications team as they seek to creatively share all that God is doing through the Sports Friends ministry around the world.
• Pray for Cat and Somchai as they prepare to transition to the UK by the end of this year. Pray for them as they adjust to life and ministry in this new season!
• Pray for Dting as he works on various communications projects and maintains the SF websites.
• Pray for our Year-End Giving Appeal, that many people would be moved to give towards the ministry.
• Jan: Pray for the planning of a SF 15 year celebration event that we will be holding in January.
• Pray for all of the end of year thank you notes that will go out in December. Pray that our donors would see the depth of our appreciation.
• Pray for Bryan as she works with various churches and colleges on organizing short-term team opportunities to serve our ministry abroad.
• Praise God for a successful follow up meeting with some of our denominational coordinators in Tamale.
• Praise God for His love and protection for our families.
• Praise God for bringing a new batch of leaders on board to help take the ministry to a new level.
• Praise God for granting us grace and wisdom during our annual planning for the upcoming year.
• Dec 17-18: Pray for a Coaches Training in Dodowa.
• Dec 12-13: Pray for a Coaches Training in Bolga.
• Dec 20-23: Pray for a Denominational Coordinators meeting.
• Jan 3-6: Pray for a Basic Training for one of our church partners in Kumasi.
• Jan 11-14: Pray for a Basic Training for the Presbyterian churches in Accra.
• Jan 17-24: Pray for a Basic Training for the Baptist churches in Ada-Accra.
• Dec 1: Pray for Missionary Athletes International, as they will be providing training in Kenya and Tanzania. Pray that the Lord will use them in a mighty way to develop Sports Friends' coaches in these two countries.
• Dec 4-7: Pray for a camp being conducted in Northern Kenya.
• Dec 11-16: Pray for two Basic Trainings being conducted with one of our partner denominations.
• Dec 14: Pray for the Kenyan team as they host a sports camp with Kenya Assemblies of God in Malindi over the coming week. Pray that many would be come fully committed followers of Christ.
• Jan 1: Pray for the Kenya team as they begin to roll out their disciple making process to key leaders in Kenya and Tanzania. Pray that the leaders going through this process will be fully engaged and that they will be better equipped to impact their communities with the gospel.
• Jan 7: Pray that the Lord will continue to stir the hearts of potential donors to participate in funding the Sports Friends Kenya ministry.
• Praise God for a successful time of prayer and fasting within the ministry in Blantyre during November.
• Praise God for his provision to the SF Malawi ministry.
• Praise God for the support we are receiving from the SF family worldwide.
• Dec 26-29: Pray for God’s provision and blessings for our team for an upcoming overnight soccer camp at Liwonde and Salima.
• Jan 13: Pray for a soccer day camp in the Blantyre southern region of Malawi.
• Pray for our coaches and the teams as the new year approaches. May the Good Lord continue to use, bless, and empower these teams for greater things in 2018.
• Pray for God to bring good rain in Malawi as many people depend on it for farming.
• Pray for the new denominational church partner that we have, and that we would choose the right person to be the Sports Ministry Coordinator.
• Pray for Jonathan, the SF Niger leader, as he leads and cares for the ministry while the Helwig Family are home on Home Assignment.
• Pray for the Helwig Family as they are home on an extended Home Assignment as they wait for the delivery of their new baby. Pray that God would bless this time with family and create opportunities to develop relationships with supporters.
• Praise God for the success of 3 basic trainings in the North East of Nigeria.
• Praise God for the success of 2 basic trainings in the North West.
• Praise God for a successful basketball clinic with several schools within Jos.
• Praise God for several new believers from that have come to faith in the Northern part of Nigeria where one of our church partners is working.
• Dec 16: Pray for Dairya, our ladies trainer, and her fiancé, Emmanuel, as they will be celebrating their wedding on December 16th.
• Jan 19-21: Pray for a successful follow up with a church partner in Azare.
• Jan 26-28: Pray for a successful follow up with a church partner in Kaduna.
• Dec 1: Pray for Paris and Lindsay as they return to Peru from their Home Assignment. Pray that they would have a good transition back to their home in Peru and life in ministry.
• Dec: Pray for our team as we will be gathering to spend time celebrating God’s goodness and faithfulness throughout the year with the coaches!
• Dec: Pray for our team to have a good time of rest and rejuvenation after a year of big changes and lots of learning.
• Jan 18-19: Pray for a meeting that we have with the national board of one of our church partners as they go through reelections of the entire board. Please pray for God’s guidance for them and wisdom for us in working with the new changes.
• Pray for Erico and Claudia, two new members of our SF team, during their time of orientation here in Peru. Pray that God would be growing, teaching and preparing them.
• Pray for Paris as he finishes up his missionary preparation and officially joins the SF Peru team.
• Pray for David and Jeremie as they continue to lead the ministry while the Sadio Family are on Home Assignment.
• Pray for the Sadio Family as they are in the US on home assignment. Pray that this would be a good, encouraging time that will bring rest and renewal.
• Pray for David and Jeremie as they continue to lead the ministry while the Sadio Family are on Home • Dec: Pray for our team, as they will be doing follow up in Bangkok and Klong Toey after some recent training. Pray for Pbeemai, one of our trainers, as he will lead this time of ministry.
• Dec: Pray for Christmas events that we have planned including the Christmas Cup Tournament. Pray that these events will provide an opportunity for coaches to share the love of Christ with their teams. Pray for smooth logistics as we work with a network of local churches that will join us for the Christmas Cup.
• Pray that God will open a door for effective sports ministry and that the coaches that we have trained will have a good understanding of the ministry.
• Pray that God will strengthen our Thai team. Pray for good relationships with coaches and for coaches to encourage and pray for each other.
• Praise God for the incredible way he has settled us into our community and this ministry. We are right in the center of the refugee population and every night our park is full of these new neighbors playing soccer! God has gone before us in great ways.
• Dec: Pray for the Voight Family as they have several Vision Sharing meetings with churches coming up in the next month.
• Pray for the many refugees who are finding it very difficult to settle and live in Sacramento. Pray that we can be a light and encouragement to them.
• Pray for the new friends we are making here in Sacramento refugee community. It has been very easy for Luke to make connections with the English speaking men but it has been quite difficult for Becca to build relationships with the refugee ladies because of the language and cultural barriers.
• Pray for more people to come alongside the Voight Family and join in this ministry. The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.