Since 1893, SIM's motto has been "By Prayer." By prayer, SIM and its many ministries have seen God do amazing and marvelous things—thousands of new churches planted, millions coming to faith in Jesus Christ and growing as His disciples, and communities all over the world transformed by God's grace.
People often think of prayer as something we do before we begin ministry. However, we believe that prayer is a ministry by itself. Our vision and hearts' desire is to ultimately see many thousands of churches in Africa, Asia, and South America using the platform of sports to touch millions of lives with the love of Jesus Christ.
Download the App, then select Sports Friends in ‘My Tracks’ to receive a prayer request each day Monday - Friday.
• Pray for Chris as he's planning to have his wisdom teeth removed the beginning of October, which means we will be taking a little break from ministry.
• Pray for our newly trained coaches that they can start leading trainings in November.
• Pray for us to be able to organize another coaches training before the end of the year.
• Pray for more churches and more coaches to catch the vision for church-centered sports ministry.
• Praise God for school starting back soon here and for the cooler weather that November brings.
• Praise God for Courtney’s transition to the Chapel Hill area that is going well! Please pray that she and Thad find a church that they can plug into and call home.
• Praise God for Courtney’s wedding planning that is going well! Pray that they will continue to keep the focus on their marriage and not just the wedding day and that they will point others back to Christ through their relationship as well as on their wedding day.
• Praise God for the Fichtinger family who are now living in the Charlotte area and settling into a house and schools, and working at the International office. It’s been a nearly three-year journey; God has been so faithful.
• Praise God for our Sports Friends CAMPaign this summer that raised an incredible $105,000! That's 2,100 youth who will get to experience the love of Christ at a Sports Friends camp. We are so grateful for everyone’s partnership in the gospel!
• Pray for the year-end planning and as we dream about and put action behind our fund development efforts for the 2020 fiscal year. We are very excited about what is ahead for the ministry as a whole!
• Pray for Bryan as she works with various partners to solidify short-term trips for 2020.
• Pray for the planning team of the 2020 Sports Friends Global Gathering in Greece this upcoming February. We are trying to iron out a lot of logistics. Pray that this will be a time that brings God glory and encourages His people.
• Pray for God to raise up new workers to fill our many needs for staff around the world.
• Pray for Bob and Mary as they continue to transition and learn their new normal here. They are particularly vulnerable as a family during this season and would value your prayer cover for protection and ongoing healing.
• Pray for our International Support Services Team as we plan for next year. Pray that God would give us wisdom and discernment as we seek how to best serve the Sports Friends world.
• Pray for progress on our rebrand and refreshing of all our communications platforms and channels. Pray for God’s wisdom and leading throughout this process.
• 11-18 Oct – Pray for the Sports Friends International leadership retreat and meetings. Pray for Jill as she travels to the USA for these meetings
• Praise God for successful youth camps in Tamale, Bolga and in Navrongo in August.
• Praise God for Ben’s successful completion of a master’s degree in leadership.
• Praise God for great follow up with coaches in Tamale, Accra and in the Upper East Region.
• 1-4 Oct - Pray for a meeting with the local council of churches in Tumu.
• 14-18 Oct - Pray for a Basic Training in Gushegu.
• 4-8 Nov - Pray for an on-going training for coaches in Tamale.
• 11- 15 Nov - Pray for follow-up with coaches in the Chiana area.
• 18-22 Nov - Pray for a Basic Training in Chuchuliga.
• Pray for God's wisdom and guidance as we prepare annual planning documents between now and October.
• 3-5 Oct – Pray for a Basic Training this week
• 7 Oct – Pray for vision sharing in a couple of regions
• 12, 26-27 Oct - Pray for the Special Needs Camp follow up in
• Pray for the Wilsons who are aiming to return mid-October.
• 9 Nov – Pray for a tournament taking place today
• 14-16 Nov – Pray for a Basic Training this week
• 23-24 Nov – Pray for the Special Needs Camp follow up
• 25 Nov -2 Dec – Pray for the Kakuma refugee camp that will include trauma healing, an all ability day camp, and soccer & netball tournaments.
• Pray for our coaches as they continue to build relationships; as they travel to places like Kakuma, for their safety. Pray as we continue to lead our special needs families through healing through the follow ups.
• Praise God for His provision for the Sports Friend’s Malawi ministry.
• Praise God for the fruitful netball and football residential camps we had in August.
• Praise God for all the trainings we had during July to September.
• Praise God for the prayer and planning retreat we had in the month of September that went well.
• Praise God for the quick recovery of our brother and friend in the ministry (one of the denominational coordinator’s) who was attacked 6 weeks ago.
• Pray for the girls and boys who attended the netball and football residential camps, that they may put into practice what they heard and that the Holy Spirit will continue ministering to them.
• Pray for all the campers who surrendered their lives to Christ during the camp that they may continue walking with Christ and grow in their faith.
• 30 Nov - Pray for a successful football day camp.
• 11 Nov - Pray for successful vision sharing
• 22-24 Nov - Pray for the Sports Friends Malawi family retreat
• Praise God for the partnership of Sports Friends Nigeria who were able to return to Niger to do another training.
• Pray for the newly trained coaches in the east as they begin using their training. Pray that their churches would support and encourage them.
• Praise God for a successful camp in August where 69 young people gave their lives to Christ.
• Praise God for a female camp in September where 23 young people gave their lives to Christ.
• Praise God for successful vision sharing at a Youth Convention.
• Praise God for a positive response from a new church to use sports ministry as tool to reach out.
• Praise God for open doors in the North East of Nigeria as we see more coaches coming on board to establish sports ministry in their various churches.
• Praise God for many successful camps
• Pray for God to open doors financially for staff to be able to take care of their families as many of them have been struggling financially.
• 4-7 Oct - Pray for journey mercies as we travel
• 17-19 Oct – Pray for a successful basketball clinic with secondary school kids
• 17-20 Oct - Pray for a successful Basic Training this week
• Pray for a church as they finalize the screening of players into their male football team.
• Pray for follow up to the North East in October
• 27-30 Nov – Pray for a Basic Training in the North East
• Pray for a proposed Basic Training in November.
• Pray for two young people in the North East who are undergoing discipleship secretly.
• Pray for better understanding of sports ministry in a new church as they create a national office for sports coordinators.
• Praise God for 2 youth involved in a church-centered sports ministry in Lima who were recently baptized!
• Praise God for our denominational partnership in one area in the mountains that is taking off with initiative, love, teamwork and commitment. Please continue to pray for the group of leaders involved in helping the church-centered sports ministries in their town and denomination and that it would bear much fruit!
• Please pray for our team as we seek God for guidance and wisdom in our planning for the upcoming year.
• Pray that God would raise up more Peruvian leaders to lead a local church-centered sports ministry and also serve with us on the Sports Friends Peru team.
• Pray for our director, Paris, as we head into a new season, and that God would give him strength, grace and the skills to lead the team.
• Praise God that we received approval from US immigration for the reentry permit for Philippe. This permit will allow him to stay and work in Senegal for the next 2 years.
• Please pray for the Sports Friends Senegal leadership team as they meet in October to draft ministry plans for this next year.
• Pray for all of the clubs throughout the country that paused during the rainy season, which ends in October, so pray as they begin starting up again regularly in November.
• Pray for the coaches to be committed and intentional as they train and disciple the youth in their clubs.
• Pray for each of the 14 young people who made a personal decision to follow Christ during the recent summer camps. Pray for courage to remain true to this decision, for God’s protection over them, and for their understanding of who God is and His love for them to grow. Pray for the coaches who play an integral role in discipling them, especially during this time.
• Pray for a vision sharing in November during the annual meeting of Christian provincial leaders.
• Pray for our Sports Friends teams in Asia as they review the last year and plan for the next year.
• Pray for wisdom in developing new agreements with our denominational partners throughout Asia.
• Pray for a new opportunity to teach church-centered sports ministry for students/trainee pastors at Siloam Bible School in Thailand.
• 1-3 Oct – Pray for a staff training led by Ning.
• 7-11 Oct – Pray for a Basic Training in Chiang Rai that will be for men’s football and women’s volleyball.
• 14-16 Oct – Pray for a youth camp led by Noot.
• 21-24 Oct – Pray for the Thailand Karen Baptist Church Champions League in Chiang Mai
• 8-9 Nov – Pray for the McGilvery Bible School Alumni gathering
• 13-18 Nov – Pray for Graham and Dave from MAI visiting the Sports Friends Thailand team