Since 1893, SIM's motto has been "By Prayer." By prayer, SIM and its many ministries have seen God do amazing and marvelous things—thousands of new churches planted, millions coming to faith in Jesus Christ and growing as His disciples, and communities all over the world transformed by God's grace.
People often think of prayer as something we do before we begin ministry. However, we believe that prayer is a ministry by itself. Our vision and hearts' desire is to ultimately see many thousands of churches in Africa, Asia, and South America using the platform of sports to touch millions of lives with the love of Jesus Christ.
Download the App, then select Sports Friends in ‘My Tracks’ to receive a prayer request each day Monday - Friday.
• Praise God for more young people who are getting involved in sports ministry teams.
• Praise God for some younger kids who have been asking for a team!
• Praise God for the stirring He is doing in young people’s hearts, which is evident in their attitudes and the ways they play.
• Pray for one teenager on the team who has come to church and is reading the Bible with us. His family is not Christian, so it makes for a difficult choice for him. Pray for him as he navigates this decision.
• Pray for Chris to be able to find a good coach to assist him before he goes on Home Assignment.
• Praise God for all those who have given to the CAMPaign so far. There are still several churches who are hoping to raise funds this summer. Pray that many more scholarships would be raised to send young people to camp!
• Praise God for Callie who is interning with the communications team this summer. We’re thankful for the great contributions she has made so far. Pray that this would be a great experience of learning and growing for her!
• 1 July - Pray for Jill and the Sports Friends teams in Southeast Asia, as Jill moves to Thailand and transitions into the Sports Friends Southeast Asia Regional Director role.
• Pray for several videographers who will be taking assignments this summer to capture stories of how God has been at work through the Sports Friends ministry. Pray for smooth trips, and that God would lead them in what stories to tell.
• Pray for Sports Friends camps that will be running in various countries throughout the summer months. Pray that God uses them to bring many youth to faith and that they will deepen the relationships which coaches have with the youth.
• Pray for all of the teams that will be serving with Sports Friends this summer. Pray that God would use them to be a blessing and encouragement as they serve youth, coaches, and staff.
• Pray for the many trained coaches across the country as they model sports ministry. Pray that their churches would support and encourage them.
• Praise God for a successful Basic Training in the northeast of Nigeria. Our coaches have caught the vision for sports ministry.
• Praise God for the signing of an MOU with another denomination who will be partnering with us in sports ministry.
• Praise God for a coach in the northeast who is quickly becoming a godly mentor to the young people on his team.
• Praise God for a denomination agreeing to host a Basic Training.
• Praise God for a successful follow up in the northeast of Nigeria.
• Praise God for successful Basic Trainings and follow up in May.
• 3-5 June - Pray for a Coaches Training coming up for selected members from all partnered denominations and Sports Friends staff.
• 3-7 June - Pray for a follow up with coaches in the northern part of Nigeria.
• 9-12 June - Pray for the success of a Basic Training coming up.
• 17-21 June - Pray for a follow up in the north.
• 12 -14 July - Pray for a follow up with the Fellowship of Christian students.
• 26-28 July - Pray for a follow up trip.
• 10-11 June - Pray for our Sports Friends Peru Team Retreat, that it would be unifying, edifying, God honoring and beneficial.
• 21-23 June - Pray for our Coaching Philosophy Ongoing Training in Lima, and that God would use it to help grow the coaches in their team strategy of building a good culture and also in their confidence as a coach.
• 28-30 June - Pray for our Coaching Philosophy Ongoing Training in Huancayo (mountains), and that God would use it to help grow the coaches in their team strategy of building a good culture and also in their confidence as a coach.
• 1 July - Pray for Paris and Lindsay as they leave for a 2 month Home Assignment, that it would be a time of rest, rejuvenation and encouragement.
• 5-7 July - Pray for our Evangelism Workshop in Puno (mountains) today, reminding the coaches of the foundations of their salvation in Christ and learning how to effectively share the Gospel with youth.
• 27 July - Pray that our Soccer Tournament would be God honoring and a great opportunity for relationship and community building!
• Pray for all the preparations that are currently underway for 2 overnight camps this summer.
• Pray that the 38 coaches that were trained in early April will be equipped and excited to start their own sports ministry teams.
• Pray for the final Easter Cup tournament that will take place in June. This is typically an opportunity for the church to bring the community together and to share the love of Christ with them.
• Pray for the Sadio Family (Philippe, Laurie, Heidi and Elliot) as they prepare to return to Senegal at the end of June after an unexpected extended Home Assignment of 2 years in the US. Pray also for the necessary reentry permit to be approved by the US government. This is needed to allow Philippe to remain in Senegal for the next 2 years and still keep his US green card active.