Since 1893, SIM's motto has been "By Prayer." By prayer, SIM and its many ministries have seen God do amazing and marvelous things—thousands of new churches planted, millions coming to faith in Jesus Christ and growing as His disciples, and communities all over the world transformed by God's grace.
People often think of prayer as something we do before we begin ministry. However, we believe that prayer is a ministry by itself. Our vision and hearts' desire is to ultimately see many thousands of churches in Africa, Asia, and South America using the platform of sports to touch millions of lives with the love of Jesus Christ.
Download the App, then select Sports Friends in ‘My Tracks’ to receive a prayer request each day Monday - Friday.
• July 3-August 25: Pray for the upcoming summer camp program. Please pray for the 640 youth that will join us and that many would come to know Christ as their savior. Pray for God’s blessings and safety for all involved with camp.
• Pray for our volunteer staff and coaches who faithfully love and serve the youth sacrificially especially throughout the summer months. Please pray that God will fill their cups to serve and they will overflow with his joy and love.
• Praise God for a Basic Training held in the northern part of Ethiopia for 30 new coaches. We praise God for the amazing time we had together.
• Praise God for a successful Coaches Training at the Sports Friends office in Addis Ababa.
• Please pray for an upcoming 5-day camp for street kids at Langano. Pray this time will bring about life change and good fruit for their futures.
• June 23: Pray for a meeting for all of our Church Coordinators. This meeting will be held at the Sports Friends office in Addis Ababa. Pray this time provides us with good discussion, and God’s wisdom as we minister together for His glory.
• June 19-23: Pray for the Discipleship Camp we have planned at Langano. Pray that this time will deepen the faith of the youth that attend and strengthen their relationship with their coaches.
• Praise God for keeping us safe during a recent time of much travel.
• Praise God for a successful Vision Sharing with a Baptist Seminary.
• Praise God for a great Discipleship Training that we had for coaches in Bolga.
◦ Pray for our team in Ghana as we do a lot of follow up throughout this month.
◦ Pray for upcoming discipleship training in Navrongo.
◦ Pray for upcoming coaches ongoing training in Nanvrongo and Bolga.
◦ Pray for a meeting that we have coming up with a Pentecost team in Accra.
• July: Please pray for a Basic Training in Tamale.
• Pray for Ben as he travels to Nigeria to attend the 10th anniversary celebration of Sports Friends.
• Praise God for the many people who pray and financially support the Sports Friends ministry.
• Praise God for the 2017 CAMPaign, and for all the campers that will have the opportunity to attend camp and hear the gospel.
• Praise God for three new missionary units that are in the process of raising support to begin working as a part of our team!
• Give thanks for the many young adults from the UK who are serving short-term with SF in various locations, and for a few more in the pipeline.
• Praise God for Dting’s work on the SF website, and all that he does behind the scenes to keep things running smoothly.
• Praise God for Josh and Bryan’s wedding. They are so grateful for God’s faithfulness and kindness in bringing them together.
• Pray that the Lord will add more workers for His harvest and fill the many openings we have to serve with Sports Friends around the world.
• Pray for our communications team as they seek to creatively share all that God is doing through the Sports Friends ministry around the world. Praise God for a new volunteer who will be editing the Sports Friends blog over the summer.
• July 6-7: Brian Hall will be in the UK. Please pray for Brian and Jill as they work together on camp development.
• July 15: Pray for Jill as she travels to Peru to serve alongside the SF Peru team.
• July 7- 23: Please pray for three teams that will be serving in Kenya and Ethiopia this summer. Pray that the team will be a blessing as they go to serve, and that their time will greatly encourage and challenge their own faith.
• Please pray for Bryan as she works on renewing church partnerships with long-term ministry partners and for God’s leading to help establish new ones.
• Pray for a new Finance Manager to join the Sports Friends team.
• July: Pray that Danny finishes well and for a smooth transition of responsibilities to those who will take them over.
• Pray for Michelle as she starts preparing Annual Planning documents to be sent out.
• July 26: Pray for an event with the middle school group of one of our Church Partners.
• Pray for Cat as she prepares to relocate to the UK by the end of this year. Pray that God would be preparing everything for a smooth transition.
• Praise for the 107 new coaches that attended various Basic Trainings during the month of May. Pray that each of these new coaches will put their training into practice and that many youth will be impacted by these leaders.
• Praise God for the launch of two new denominational partnerships in Kenya and Tanzania.
• June 17: Pray for a soccer tournament being held at Ruiru Prison in Nairobi.
• June 19-26: Pray for the short-term team that will be serving at a camp for children with disabilities. We will also be providing training for their caregivers and encouraging them with the truth that God understands their “special gift”.
• July 15: Pray for the “Peace Tournament”(soccer tournament), which is being held in a slum area of Nairobi. It is being held to promote peace before the elections on August 8th. Pray that the upcoming elections will be peaceful and that there won’t be any violence.
• Pray for a new volleyball league that has been established in a slum area in Nairobi. Pray that lives will be transformed through this ministry.
• July 5-Aug 28: Praise God that Ben will be with us this summer to help with the busy camping/training season.
• June 2-5: Pray for Sarah and Chisomo as they travel to the eastern region to follow up with newly trained coaches and CCSM models.
• June 9-11: Pray for a Basic Training with Evangelical Baptist Church. This will be the first one that this denomination has fully organized and funded.
• June 19-21: Pray for a Basic Training in Balaka training new sports ministers to work in a region that is hostile to the gospel.
• June 22-25: Pray for a Basic Training in Salima with Africa Evangelical Church.
• July 9: Pray for the Voights as they leave Malawi today. Also, pray for the SF team during this time of transition.
• July 19-21: Pray for the first Basic Training with a new partner denomination: Baptist Convention of Malawi. This BT will be with pastors and church planters working in an area of Malawi resistant to the gospel.
• July 26-29: Please pray for a Training of Trainers in Blantyre with leaders from all over the country.
• Pray for Jonathan as he leads the SF ministry while Jeremy and Beki are back in the U.S. on home assignment.
• Pray for churches in Niger to grasp the vision of sports ministry, and for God to open doors for the gospel to move through it.
• Praise God for successful Basic Trainings in Kano and Zuru as well as with EMS church coordinators and the RCCN denomination.
• Praise God for Nigerian missionaries who are faithfully using the tool of sports in transforming youth and their families, which by God’s grace has led to many new believers in Jesus.
• Praise God for testimonies we are hearing from parents on how God is using sports to transform their children’s lives.
• Praise God for new partnerships with Fellowship of Christian Students and the UMCA church. Praise God for the re-signing of our partnership with the Anglican Diocese.
• Pray with us as we prepare to celebrate the 10th anniversary of God’s work through Sports Friends in Nigeria. Pray that all the many events involved will bring glory to God and much encouragement to all who attend.
• June: Pray for an upcoming Vision Sharing with the RCCN church in Taraba state.
• June: Pray for an upcoming primary school basketball tournament in Jos.
• Pray for follow up that our team will be doing.
• July 18: Pray for an upcoming Basic Training in Adamawa.
• We give thanks for and continue to pray for our coaches who have begun to step up in leadership throughout Peru. Please pray for them as they continue working with their CCSMs but also starting to build into other sports ministers.
• Pray for Lindsay in her new role as country director. Pray that God would give her patience and grace, and help her to fully rely on Him in all things.
• Pray for wisdom and discernment for our denominational partnership with IEP as we enter our second year. Pray for clarity for the coordinators and growth in the various regions where we have held trainings.
• Pray for participants from 3 recent Basic Trainings we’ve had this year. Pray that God would lead them in the start of their Church Centered Sports Ministries, give them boldness and excitement, and that they would follow through and be obedient.
• Pray for Peru as the country continues to rebuild following the nationwide flooding and landslide disaster in March.
• June 23: Pray for the Langley family as they return to the U.S. We are thankful for them and their service. Pray for their transition back to the U.S. after 15 years in Peru.
• June 29: Ongoing Training. Pray that the coaches’ walk with God would deepen through the training and they would walk in grace daily.
• July 24-26: Pray for us as we prepare for our first camp with the help of Missionary Athletes International.
• July 27- 28: Pray for our team in Peru as we run our first overnight camp. Pray that it will go well, and that we will learn much so that we can use this as a tool to minister to our youth and church partners.
• June 29-July 3: Pray for our 3rd annual overnight sports camp.
• July: Pray also for our 1st overnight sports camp in the south that will take place the end of July. Pray for all who will be involved in each of these camps; particularly that the message and love of Jesus would clearly go forth into the hearts of the youth attending with their coaches.
• July: Pray for the remaining details Philippe and Laurie need to take care of before they leave Senegal on July 14. They will be on home assignment for one year.
• Pray for Laurie as she takes on some SF finance responsibilities in light of Danny’s departure at the end of July.
• Praise God for a fruitful season of camps and trainings for the SF Thai team! Pray for all the youth who have heard the gospel at camps these last few months, and for their coaches as they continue to disciple them in their faith.
• Pray for the Thailand team as they follow up with newly trained coaches. Pray that God will protect them while traveling, and that the Lord would strengthen and guide them through His Holy Spirit.
• July 8: Pray for the Thai team as they take part in the SIM Thailand Spiritual Life Conference starting this weekend. Pray that it would be a time of encouragement, and spiritual and physical refreshment for all the team.