What is your role with Sports Friends?
I am the Sports Friends Kenya Office Coordinator. My duties include;
- Financial reporting/tracking.
- Liaising with East Africa Support Services when it comes to handling Event Expense Reports and Budget Request Forms.
- Working on logistics for camp venues, short-term teams and Sports Friends’ Yearly Calendar.
- Attending Sports Friends Basic Training, On-going Training and other trainings.
- Managing the filing system.
- Organizing local travel by booking accommodation and making transport arrangements as required.
- Monitoring office supplies, inventory and placing orders.
What is your favorite sport?
I am not sporty, but I enjoy playing badminton.
What is your favorite Bible verse?
Philippians 4:13: “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I didn’t have any specific profession in mind but I wanted to have a white collar job because I admired the people in that set up.
What do you like to do in your spare time?
Reading interesting novels by African writers like Ngugi wa Thiong’o, maybe because I can relate to them. Listening to good music, having a heart-to-heart chat with my husband and at times friends, and having a relaxing nap.
What are you passionate about?
Wow! Many things. My faith in Christ Jesus. My personal growth and development- social, financial, academic and spiritual. Learning and writing what life is teaching me. I love writing. When I am happy I write in my “wow book”, when very disappointed I write, when planning activities for my day I write a to-do list. Writing is therapeutic for me.
What do you love about working with Sports Friends?
The working environment is very conducive for my spiritual growth. The team is fun to work with and get along with. The exposure I get in the Sports Friends field events helps me in career growth and development.